When I fly, I keep the most important items in my carry-on so I NEVER lose sight of them while traveling. Here is what I think are the most important items to have with you at all times:
- My wallet. My wallet contains my ID, money, and insurance cards. I’d say these items are pretty self-explanatory on why you wouldn’t want to misplace them.
- Passport. If you are traveling international, your passport is your ticket in and out of different countries. Lose that, and you’ve got a lot of issues on your hands. I always make sure I have that and my wallet on me at all times.
- Charger. It is important to have a charged phone on you at all times when traveling somewhere new. Make sure you have it with you instead of being buried deep in your checked baggage.
- Gum. I don’t know about you, but when I fly my ears ALWAYS pop and it actually hurts. Chewing gum helps to alleviate some of that discomfort. Plus, gum is delicious and bubbles are fun.
- Music. Music helps make time go by quicker. It can help calm you if you’re anxious about flying. Music can block out that baby screaming across the aisle. Make sure you have it when you need it.
- Prescribed medications. If you checked a bag and it gets lost, you will thank yourself for having your prescribed medication(s) in your carry-on instead of having to deal without it.
Traveling can be exciting and scary at the same time. Make sure you avoid issues by keeping your essentials close at all times.
Leave a comment and let me know what you bring in your carry-on.
Get out there and explore.